This Privacy and Data Protection Policy explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website, whether directly (for example when you provide information to us) or indirectly (for example through cookies). We take your privacy seriously and we will only use your personal data in line with the provisions of data protection legislation. By submitting any personal details to this website or by email, you consent to our processing of data in accordance with this Privacy and Data Protection Policy. If you do not accept this Policy, you should not submit any personal data.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily request information from us or send it to us through this website (for example through online forms). The personal information you are likely to be asked for may consist of your name, address, organisation, telephone number and email address in order that we may fulfil your request.
How we use your information
We gather your personal information to allow us to deal with your enquiries, provide you with a service and authenticate your identity. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services. The statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
Sharing your information
- The protection of your personal information is very important to us and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Access to our customer agreements is provided to our lenders for audit purposes.
- We may provide your data by electronic or other means to third parties to verify your identity, in line with anti-money laundering or other requirements. This may involve carrying our checks with credit reference agencies.
- In order to help us provide the agreed service to you, we may pass on your personal data to third parties who perform tasks for us. All such third parties will be based in countries within the European Economic Area and therefore the same level of protection will be afforded to your data as if we were dealing with it. – i.e. lenders/solicitors/recovery agencies.
- If the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
- To prevent and detect fraud we may share your data with other organisations, including the police, and check and/or file your data with fraud prevention agencies and databases. If we are given false or inaccurate information or we suspect fraud, we will record this.
- We may share your information to third parties where required by law, court order or regulation.
For further information visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can disable cookies on your computer by changing the browser settings and the above website explains in more detail how to do so. Please note however, that some of our website features may not function as a result.